Personal Tax Returns

young couple worried need help in stress at home couch accounting debt bills bank papers expenses and payments feeling desperate in bad financial situation

  • Capital Gains Tax
    Capital gains tax (CGT) planning is a must for anyone who is intending to make a disposal of a capital asset for example, a share of a business or a company, stocks and shares or a property. We are able to advice on this complex issue to ensure that maximum relief is obtained where available.
  • Personal Tax Planning
    We offer personal tax planning services to help advise on Income tax, Capital gains tax, Inheritance tax and non-domiciliary taxes.
  • Self Assessment
    There are many circumstances why you need to file a self assessment tax return, for example if you are self employed, a director of a company, a trustee or if you have foreign income or any other income which is not taxed. Many taxpayers struggle to understand the complex tax returns and complete them correctly. Furthermore, ongoing changes to tax legislation mean that taxpayers risk incurring more penalties through failing to complete their returns on time or correctly. We aim to ease the stress often caused by self assessment and help you avoid costly mistakes, by offering a comprehensive self assessment service. We can relieve you of the self assessment burden and save you time, worry, and money by handling this process for you. We will do all the necessary computations, complete your return, and even offer advice on how you can minimise your tax liability. We can deal directly with HM Revenue & Customs on your behalf and, should you be selected for a self assessment enquiry, act for you at any meetings.
  • Tax Credits
    You might be entitled to Tax Credits and we can advise you how best to arrange your affairs to maximise your claim.  The regime changed in 2003 and we helped many clients in their claims and help plan and structure their affairs to gain substantial amounts.  The regime is about to change to Universal Credits, and while Tax Credits are planned to be phased out, it should be possible to stay on Tax Credits for a few more years.
  • University
    Do you know how your income will affect your children's eligibility to student loans and grants, and bursaries from the universities themselves? We do, and we have strategies that could help your children obtain £000s of pounds in grants rather than student loans or parental contributions. In one case one student obtained £20,000 extra over a three year period.