- AccountancyWith the ever changing regulatory framework and new financial reporting standards being introduced, keeping up with the reporting requirements for your accounts can be time consuming and taxing. Whether your business requires its financial statements to be prepared under UK GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) or for charities and academies, the Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP), we have experienced advisers who can assist you in preparing your accounts in line with the latest disclosure requirements. More than simply 'accounts preparation' we can also help you make informed business and personal decisions by putting the figures into perspective to help you fully understand and get the best out of your business.
- Company SecretarialThe Companies Act places strict obligation on companies to submit the required documents according to deadlines. We prepare and file statutory returns, prepare resolutions and process company formations.
- Corporation Tax ReturnWe provide a full Corporation Tax service including planning, advice, completion of the necessary Tax Returns and communicating with HMRC on behalf of our clients.
- Limited Company Set UpStarting your own business can be a very daunting process with all the forms and registration processes to work through. A limited company can be beneficial to your tax position. Customers and suppliers can also have greater confidence that they are dealing with a company, which can enhance your reputation. We can help streamline this process and take care of all the forms and registrations with HMRC so you can concentrate on the business and this crucial time. We can help decide on the timing of your start up, the structure, complete registrations with HMRC and companies house, advise you on bank accounts, company secretarial issues and help with computer software for bookkeeping and payroll.
- Sole Trader and PartnershipsDeciding to become a sole trader or a partnership is the simplest way of starting and running a business. Registration costs are minimal and record keeping is straightforward, as you only need to keep records of your income and expenses. As a sole trader you are personally responsible and liable for all debts the business runs up, and your home and assets can be at risk. A Benefit of a sole trader is that all profits go straight to you. As a sole trader you will need to register with HM Revenue and Customs as self employed and complete a self assessment tax return annually which needs to be filed by the 31st of January each year. We can ensure you are correctly registered with the Revenue and paying the correct National Insurance contributions. We can also advise you if you need to be VAT registered as it may be beneficial to your tax position. If you are working from home we can also advise you on allowances for home office, mobile and internet use and mileage claims.
- Tax investigations